Two-Way Center-Channel Speaker: The Sonus faber Venere Center loudspeaker utilizes a two-way design with custom-built drivers by the best international manufacturers for natural, well-balanced, non-fatiguing sound. Each driver is built exclusively to Sonus faber's own specific design and specifications using special software and then perfected and reviewed by ear.
- Tweeter: The Venere Center loudspeaker features one Sonus faber designed 1" pre-coated fabric, silk dome tweeter with no ferrofluid created by DKM (German based company).
- Dual Mid-woofers: The Venere Center features two Sonus faber designed 6" polypropylene composite, textured Curve cone mid-woofers with a rubber surrounds and a free compression basket design for ultra dynamic performance and linearity; manufactured by Germany-based Propex.
Crossover Network: The two-way center-channel loudspeaker employs a precision crossover (1,800Hz) using high-quality components to ensure an even frequency response and smooth transition over the entire audible range of all drivers for a well-balanced, natural sound.
Cabinet Design: The Venere Center speaker feature a CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) gloss-lacquer-coated MDF cabinet that is rigid and beautiful. Unlike other speaker manufactures that want to mask the sound of the cabinet, Sonus faber designs it speaker cabinets so they work in synergy with the drivers and perfectly complement one another for a perfect sound.
- Lyre Inspired: The speaker cabinet's shape is inspired by the Lyre string instrument to ensure the absence of parallel internal surfaces to control air movement inside the cabinet and create sound that is dynamic, clean, rich in detail, and natural. The Lyre inspired cabinet guarantees exceptional control of internal resonance, perfect acoustics, excellent driver stability, and room-friendly placement.
- Sloped Front Baffle: The sloping front baffle, featuring curved lines, allows for perfect timing and effective transition between the drivers, always ensuring an excellent listening experience.
- Dual Front-Firing Ports: The Venere Center speaker uses two front-firing slot ports to aid in delivering exciting, impactful bass response that is accurate and not "boomy".
Colors & Finishes: The Sonus faber Venere Center loudspeaker is available in a gloss black or gloss white lacquer finish, or a walnut wood veneer finish.
Heavy-Duty Binding Posts: On the back panel of Sonus faber Venere Center loudspeaker are heavy duty binding post terminals. These binding post terminals will accept large diameter wire (up to 10AWG), banana plugs (single only), and spade lugs.
Table-top Stand: The Sonus faber Venere Center loudspeaker comes with a table-top stand which allows you to adjust the angle of the speaker up or down, so dialog and vocals can be sent directly to the main listening area.
Application & Placement: The Sonus Faber Venere Center is a two-way center-channel speaker designed for multichannel home theater applications. The center-channel loudspeaker should be placed directly under or above the center of your television.
Break-In Period: Sonus faber recommends 100 to 250 hours of break-in to get the most of their Venere series of loudspeakers.